'Service Above Self'
Do you participate in 'Service Above Self?’ There are many service clubs throughout the world that would welcome your presence. I chose to join a Rotary Club in San Diego, CA in October 1991. When I reach out to others through my Rotary activities, it feels soulful, because making others happy makes me feel good about myself. To build a school, provide a micro loan, buy a child a book, drill a well. And then you come to realize that we all need each other. Happiness through altruism . . . what a concept!
Click here to find a club convenient for you.
As a rotarian engaged in a business or profession, I am expected to:
1. CONSIDER my vocation to be another opportunity to serve;
2. BE FAITHFUL to the letter and to the spirit of the ethical codes of my vocation, to the law of my country, and to the moral standards of my community;
3. DO ALL in my power to dignify my vocation and to promote the highest ethical standards in my chosen vocation;
4. BE FAIR to my employer, employees, assocates, competitors, customers, the public, and all those with whome I have a business or professional relationship;
5. RECOGNIZE the honor and respect due to all occupations which are useful to society;
6. OFFER my vocational talents: to provide opportunities for young people, to work for the relief of the special needs of others, and to improve the quality of life in my community;
7. ADHERE to honesty in my advertising and in all representations to the public concerning my business or profession;
8. NEITHER SEEK from nor grant to a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normally accorded to others in a business or professional relationship.